Sunday, September 22, 2013

Autumn White

Today is the first day of Autumn.  In most area of the country that usually means the colors come out.  In Southern California, sure some of the leaves change.  But usually that is from green to yellow, no reds or oranges like is traditionally associated with Autumn. 

One interesting item that does happen in nature here is we get more white sunsets.  Throughout this blog I have posted amazingly colorful sunsets from our backyard.  However, with today being the first day of Autumn the white sunsets have begun. 

Toni had a game this morning, other than that we pretty much laid around watching bad football, which culminated in the Steelers 0-3 start tonight.  I decided to fire up the grill for dinner, as I was covering the grill I noticed how awesome white sun looked.  I wasn't sure how to shoot it, but I knew a fast shutter and a small aperture had something to do with it.

The result was pretty cool.  If you look to the right of the frame you can also see the edge of Catalina Island.  I also think the hazy look of the rooftop in the foreground and the cloud cover over the ocean is also pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment