Monday, February 25, 2013

Dumb Dog - Goofy Kid

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  Well it's going to take about a thousand to explain today blog picture(s).  I was running out of time today to take my picture, I planned on shooting the neighbor's closed Bird of Paradise for a 3 piece canvas I am going to do with February 16th's photos.   But the day started crazy and got worse and the sun was already gone by the time I stopped fire drilling my supposed Sales Job.  The flower shot will have to happen tomorrow...hopefully.  So it was going to come down to something in the house for today's shot.  But what?

Then we sat down to a late dinner, don't ask us why because there was no soccer today and we could have eaten early.  Just one of those days when the who day gets away from you and at 7 o'clock you ask "what's for dinner".  All during dinner I was stalked from below by the dog.  Then after he wasn't getting my attention he figured he would work the begging thing a little harder by putting on the well documented puppy dog eyes in full droop and stick out the patented "Bubba Lip"(see Forest Gump for the reference). 

Then it hit me!  The perfect shot!  Get the camera, I was all giddy, get the tripod and get the wireless remote, focus the shot over my place at the dinner table right to where Baxter sits and Begs(Mom if you are reading this, I know the dog is not supposed to be by the table during dinner, I know...I'm Sorry).  Now a good photographer, which I clearly am not, would have been all prepared.  First I would have left a couple of pieces of beef in my bowl to entice the dog and I would have made sure that the "special-can't buy in the regular store-and I don't have a spare" battery for the camera remote WAS NOT DEAD.

Ok Plan B, I will just get the dog to sit there, Toni would take my seat at the table, try to entice him with a boring dry dog treat when he had steak on his mind. I would shoot over her head when Baxter puts his paw up....it would still work.  Did I tell you I forgot to leave a couple of pieces of steak?  Well needless to say the dog wasn't interested any longer and clearly couldn't figure out what I wanted for the picture.  So Toni being the good assistant thought she could show him.

Our Official post of the day is Goofy the Kid...not the dog(get the analogy? Goofy...Dog..Disneyland.  Ahhh never mind).  But just for the Bubba Lip reference and to let my mother see that he is just too hard to resist when he puts on the eyes and lip, we posted Baxter's attempt as well.

Enjoy...I know I didn't.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment