Saturday, February 23, 2013

Soccer in a Windstorm--Cal South, You guys are idiots!!

Two weeks ago, I told you we spent the weekend in Apple Valley, the freezing desert, 2 hours from nowhere at a soccer tournament.  I thought then Cal South, the league our club plays in, were idiots then for dragging everyone out there in Freezing February.

Well after today's experience, they have taken stupid to a new Level!!!  This time they take us further north and out east, 2 hour drive up....3 and a half back.  Oh! and guess what happens in February in this part of the Southern California Desert.....60 mile per hour winds and......SAND STORMS!!!!

Great place to hold a soccer tournament....morons.

Well now it single eliminations....our girls again played amazing!!! They made it through two more rounds today!!!  There was no way I was taking an expensive cameras out in a Sandstorm to shoot the action.  So I shot the G11 on the first and Third pictures, yes that is SAND all around in the third picture.

We also have a first, a guest photoblog submission.  Thanks to my lovely finance' Jamie for the second picture, please don't make me say how she shot it.  The first picture is the return of Eric Adams to the photoblog, Eric is a bit of an entrepreneur, this is his latest invention...the human powered wind sock.

Now if you will forgive me, I am off to shower and try to get all the freakin sand out of my ears.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment