Friday, February 22, 2013

Use or Lose

My company gives us FTO or Flexible Time Off.  It is a great benefit.  It simply means that your vacation and your sick time are combined.  You can take the days when ever you choose.  I am a Sales person, I take them when I can afford them!   You accrue the time each paycheck, I have been with the company for 16 years so I accrue 13.5 hours a month.  The is one issue, you are capped as to how many hours you can have maximum.  That number is 240. 

If you are at the cap any additional hour you accrue are lost.  Well, I am at the cap. I didn't feel like losing the next hours so I decided to take 4 hours this morning and take customers and buddy golfing.  My rule with the customers are "I can't pay for golf....but Lunch is on us after".

The course we played this morning was Telaga Golf Club in San Clemente.  The course is awesome! We have a major discount card or I couldn't justify playing it, not with the amount of Child Support and Tuition I pay and the obscene amount of Alimony I have paid over the last 10 years. 

But I digress, The weather was perfect 50s to start 68 to finish.  The skies were still clear.  As you will see in the picture of my Buddy Brian Teeing off at 10, the course has views of the Pacific Ocean.  He is just blocking it!

As for my decision to take the morning off and play golf.....I should have chosen to lose the vacation hours.  Plus I still ended up putting in 10 hours of work after.

No comments:

Post a Comment