Sunday, March 24, 2013

Don't judge a Day by it's Start

The girls are still away in Ventura for ODP(for more reference see yesterday), more on that at the end of this entry.  Basically it was the Baxter, Maya, and Gregg day.  I had my own "honey do" list, Jamie is awesome and doesn't give me those.  Today was about cleaning the windows, going to the gym, home depot, expense reports, maybe a Harley Ride and rewarding Toni for dinner. 

I got up early and was going to do a Hog Ride, well you will see in Picture one below, why the Harely stayed in the garage.  Bummer start to the day, fearing the rest of the day would suck.  Plus you never want to wash windows when the weather sucks unless you want to wash them twice.  Oh, I almost forgot, I also needed to wash the comforter on the bed.  Baxter decided to sleep on our bed with me last night.  Not exactly sure when he jumped up, but I knew he was there at 3 am when he threw up!  I know Mom, "No dogs on the beds!!!".

But I digress, the reward was going to be Artichoke and Beef Kabobs.  Thanks to my grandmother's recipe the Artichoke's came out amazing.  They take about an hour to prepare and about 3 to cook.  I got to the gym, Trader Joe's(chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels, Jamie's favorite), Pavilions and Home depot. 

By the time I got home....and put the comfortable in the dryer, for it's 3 hour drying...no comment, the fog was gone and the sun came out!  Some of us were working hard, but others decided to sun bath...see picture 2 below.

So here is the great news, although they didn't get home until 7:30, and the kabobs quickly changed to my Red Cream Garlic Gnocchi, the celebration was on!!!  Toni and two of our other girls, Brittyn and McKenna made the first cut for ODP!!!  More on that next month on the Blog I am sure!

So enjoy my bad day - good day pictures.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment