Saturday, March 30, 2013

Penalty Stroke

Today was the official start of my vacation, well a heck of a way to start it would be on the Golf Course.  We had another free round at Talega, so of course we were going to head there to play.  I have been playing for about 2 years, I am hovering around the low to mid 90's.  I am working to break 90.  Because of my back I have to be very careful how I swing I have to play mistake free golf to break 90 and learn how to putt for god sakes!  Today, I decided "course management" was going be the theme.

I jumped out to a front 9 of 42.  90 might be a possibility, although the back 9 at Telega can be a back breaker.  Today was no difference.  Going into 16 it was still looking good, I was sitting at 75 with 2 par 4s and a par 3 left.  If I can just play bogey golf I break 90.

Well on 16 I totally melted down and posted an 8...good bye 90.

The picture of the day is a pretty funny one.  On the 8 hole I hit a 5 iron that just tailed a little off to the right, it was heading for the cart path hard and fast.  The cart path was lined with a hedge, if it went into the hedge the ball was gone...or was it. This is why I play the yellow ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment