Saturday, March 23, 2013

WCFC Takes Cal South ODP by Storm


Today was one of those long soccer days that we seem to be having lately.  However, this was not the typical soccer day.  Yes, it started with a 2 hour drive up to Ventura College, but this was for Cal South Olympic Development program.  Six of our girls, Toni, Brittyn, Celeste, Natalie, McKenna, and Jules were all named Cal South's ODP.  I am still learning this whole soccer thing, but when you sit in a presentation where they talk about National Teams and Olympics it is a pretty big deal.
 
We are proud of all the girls, they all did great today and really represented the team well.  Now of course I am pretty biased as I told Erik.  I obviously spent a lot of time watching Toni, she was up against 12 other keepers 10-11 and 12 years old.  She really held her own the whole day.  She clearly is in the top 3 or 4 including the 12 year olds.  Victor and Carlos, her coaches really have her technically prepared for this level.  I personally think,  watching her techniques, she was the most consistently technically sound keeper all day.  Yes proud Stepdad.
 
I posted one of each of the girls(unfortunately Yordi wasn't there, but we stole her picture from earlier in the blog).  Unfortunately Google will not let me enlarge all the pictures.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment