Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Humpday

Ya know I hate that phrase "humpday".  Because really, any longer is Wednesday the middle of the work week?  When the week never ends and you end up working on the Weekends, is there really a hump?  No it is just a long bumpy road, no hump. But for some reason humpday and the celebration of it today seemed to fit, sorta. 

My vacation hours are already capped and I am starting to lose them every paycheck, plus regarding time off, it feels like I need it.  So, I am taking a week off starting Friday, so humpday was actually somewhere around Tuesday night.   But I guess an excuse was warranted on Wednesday.

Today, was another one of those long tiring days.  Plus, we couldn't figure out what we wanted for dinner.  Jamie seemed to have the right idea.  I am not really a drinker, or more closely put I rarely drink. But, Jamie decided to open a beer, more importantly it was Kona Brewery.  It reminded me of many of the times I used to spend in Hawaii on business then stealing a weekend.  Kona Golden Ale was my beer.  Lamely, if that's a word, my drink used to be frozen Pina Coladas.

Tonight, I a beer just felt right.  Plus it gave me something to shoot.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment