Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Dragon Version 3.0 - The flying type

So unlike the Chinese Calendar where 2013 is the year of the Snake.  In the this photoblog 2013 is quickly become the year of the Dragon!  This time it is the Dragon-Fly.  Beside being the official PhotoBlog Nagger, Jamie today is now making her 4th photo contribution to the blog. 

Guys, I am telling you I am starting to feel the pressure.  This morning when I was leaving the gym I got a text message from her, which always excites me!  This one had a picture on it too!!  Fortunately for my already way too fast beating heart, the title said "Dragonfly on my Window", again photoblog complete! 

I had about 45 mins worth of errands and a Phone call with my buddy Jeff this morning.  So there was no way the Dragon Fly would still be there when I got home, I guess the world would have to put up with an Iphone picture....or would they.  Amazingly enough this guy hung around until I got home.  Got home, set up the 7d with the Macro Lens, took pictures inside Jamie office, then went outside switched tripods, got two different step stools, reset my position 3 times to get closer.

My first thought was he just really likes having his picture taken.  Didn't even move when Baxter almost came through the window, the two day Newly cleaned window.  Ok, now my second thought, "He's Dead".  So I went inside, closed the garage door, he was still there.  Then in about 2 minutes, as I came down from putting the camera in my office, I came down to get water and poof he was gone.

Did this guys show up for a reason?  You tell me....this directly from www.dragonfly-site.com (I kid you not, check it out for yourself, it is a real site). 

Under Symbolism of the Dragonfly, it says "Maturity and a Depth of Character".  Then it reads "The dragonfly, in almost every part of the world symbolizes change and change in the perspective of self realization; and the kind of change that has its source in mental and emotional maturity and the understanding of the deeper meaning of life.

The traditional association of Dragonflies with water also gives rise to this meaning to this amazing insect. The Dragonfly’s scurrying flight across water represents an act of going beyond what’s on the surface and looking into the deeper implications and aspects of life."


Hmmmm....BNAMAT.

Two pictures today, mine first, then Jamie's Iphone picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment