Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

Today is the kind of holiday that I love...we did nothing!!  The day however gave me so many different photo opportunities.  I photographed 3 different topics today, but I am on a roll with this dragon theme and we had another "dragon" visit.  Plus where this little guy chose to land....it looks like he was excited about the egg the Easter bunny left him!!

I already had my picture in the camera and a topic to write about.  But, when I came home from the gym, I just happen to notice him, he was sitting right outside Jamie's office window on the hose guide.  Plus he hung around long enough for me to shoot him and let me get close as all I had was the G11.

The other day I looked up the meaing of Dragonfly and it just really seemed to fit what is going on in life these days.  On a hunch I looked up the symbolism of lizards, and again, I couldn't pass up the chance.   Here is what it said:

The lizard has symbolic meaning for many diverse cultures and civilisations. In Roman mythology the lizard was thought to sleep throughout the winter and thus came to symbolise death and resurrection. Throughout the Mediterranean the lizard is fondly regarded as an old family friend. For the Greeks and the Egyptians the lizard represented divine wisdom and good fortune. In Egyptian hieroglyphics the lizard is used to depict "plentiful" or "many".

I know many people are starting to follow the blog and I appreciate it.  I know one of my closest followers just lost someone close to her, perhaps this is that person's way of telling you they are looking over you. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment