Thursday, March 21, 2013

Happy Holiday!

After a long day in LA, it is great to be home, really great to be home, especially because today is one of the best holidays of the year!  It is the true opening round of the NCAA Tournament.  I usually try to take today and tomorrow off, but the schedule would just not allow for it. 

But since my girls are troopers so we ended up at Rudy's tonight to watch the games.  See picture 2.  I have been into the tournament pretty heavily since around 2000 when I started playing hockey tournaments in Vegas, they happened to be the same weekend as the opening rounds of the NCAAs.  Back then one of my teammates got me to bet all the 5-12 match ups, and pick the 12s.  I think we paid for 3 tournaments over the 5 years we were in Vegas just on those games.

Unfortunately, we didn't even fill out a bracket this year, but I think I definitely would have picked the PAC 12 teams in the 5-12s this year.  Oregon got it done in the morning, but tonight's picture is for Poppa Bob(February 10th - The Hat makes the Man) and his 12 seed Cal Bears.


No comments:

Post a Comment