Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Coach- Taking one for the Team

Tonight was the Semi Finals of the CONCACAF Gold Cup Tournament!!! Oh boy I really need football to start.  My friends growing up would be teasing me about how into soccer I have become.  As football players growing up in Jersey we used to beat up the soccer players.  Well maybe it is because of daughter number 2 and the rest of the West Coast FC kids.

Anyway tonight is not necessarily about Soccer, it is about coaching.  As I think I have stated before I have 22 years of Coaching under my belt, Football and Hockey.  I have to honestly say I have never been ejected as a coach...as a player maybe, but never as a coach.

Tonight we watched the USA Mens Soccer Team play Honduras, no, we watched the USA beat Honduras....and the Refs!! Oh my god these refs were freaking horrible!  They are lucky they were reffing in the US where the fans couldn't care less about the sport and frankly the refs out numbered the fans anyway.  It would not have been a fair fight.  Jamie and I we were screaming at the TV, ok mostly me.

But better then any screaming I was doing the US Coach Jürgen Klinsmann expressed his displeasure the best.  After the game was decided the US coach finally had enough.  He laid into the refs, and justifiably so, purposely getting himself ejected for something he said, a 4 letter word perhaps?  You be the judge:

No comments:

Post a Comment