Saturday, August 24, 2013

Ansel Adams

The weekend, Finally!!!!   Since there was no soccer today, I decided to go golfing with Greg and Brian.  We played Rancho Bernardo Inn.  I didn't play bad, I shot a 92 with 35 putts, there was 5 putts I would like back and 2 drives where the course just bleeds your ball into the creek, and yes mine bled.

The 11 hole at RBI is a par 3 with a lake on the side of the green.  After I stuck my drive about 20 feet from the pin.  I decided to take the camera out, after the sun finally decided to come out too.  Plus Greg said it would make a great picture, and he is never wrong about pictures.  The tree, the flag, the lake, the palm trees and the Spanish style houses on the hill in the background,  it reminded me of the Godfather and the scene at the Movie producers house.  As I was lining up the shot trying to find the right look, Brian who was actually playing well for a change, made a smartass comment "Hurry Up Ansel!".

I told him "if I was Ansel Adams I this would be a black and white".  You know Brian was right, this did look better in back and white, it really captured the historical feel.  Plus the second picture, a crane walking in a drainage ditch, which to itself would be a crappy photo, looks pretty good in Black and White and a tight crop.

Oh, how did I finish the hole....well I was having so much fun shooting I thought I would shoot some more....I 3 putted.



No comments:

Post a Comment