Sunday, August 4, 2013

Trademark

Today was a lesson in why it is good to ignore people.  Especially when you are trying to take action photos.  The WCFC girl made it to the next round of Surf Cup where we faced Arsenal.  I am not the biggest fan of this club.  They sort of  rank up there with the Blues in my book.  I decided to do some videos of Toni and some shooting.  I need to get a couple more pictures of some of the girls.  Plus now they have their new uniforms.  I love the new blue ones as much as I hate the ugly white and grey stripped "we forgot the finish the stripes all the way around" jerseys.

Oh I got off track, why to ignore people.  One of the dads from the Sacramento USA Stars came up to me when I was shooting.  I was trying to shoot and be cordial at the same time.  Toni made an amazing leaping save and I blew the shot!!!

But it was such great save I just had to post.   So I decided to do a bunch of effect work in Photoshop to make it look like a painting.  It probably looks bad on an IPhone or small screen but it looks awesome in my big monitor, it will look even better when I print it on Canvas.

Despite all the efforts, the girls went to Penalty kicks after a 0-0 game and lost 2-1 in P-Ks.  Toni did have a nice save during the P-Ks.  Had to go up high for that one too.  I am realizing  her jump save is becoming here trademark.  (Also see...... http://greggvscamera.blogspot.com/2013/04/reuse-for-return.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment