Monday, August 5, 2013

Great Loss

Today is a sad day.  Today we lost our Aunt Annie.  She was a wonderful woman.  She always made everyone feel special.  I loved her because she taught me naughty words in Italian.  Although I did have to go to rehab because I was addicted to her sweet rolls.

Now I have to explain something.  The Italians readers will understand this, so will the Soprano fans. Aunt Annie was not my aunt by blood, I did have to edit that because at first I type "not my real aunt", because she was as much as my dad's sisters or my mom sister in law.  Aunt Annie and Uncle Lou were not blood relatives.  It took me until about 15 to realize that.

Aunt Annie was one of my mom's best friends, and Uncle Lou was one of my Dad's.  They served in the Army together.  Trust me I know, I have heard the stories.  It just would never feel right calling them Mr or Mrs.  So Aunt Annie and Uncle Lou just felt right.

By the way, Uncle Lou if you are reading this, Saint Peter sent me a text.  It of course was in Italian so I had to translate.

Roughly translated he said: Aunt Annie secretly loved your jokes, she just was busting your chops when you told them and she would try to get you to stop.   She has been telling them non stop since she got here.  He also said that the Popes are not happy about some of the jokes you taught her about them.  Although tomorrow they are looking forward to her sweet rolls.

We will all miss our Aunt Annie.

No comments:

Post a Comment