Saturday, August 10, 2013

Layup

The amazing thing about today was that we actually made it to Saturday.  This week felt like the longest week ever...until next week I am sure.  I got up crazy early, and Brian and I drove to Temecula to play at Temecula Creek Inn with Greg.

The weather was perfect, nice and cool even for the Inland.  The course was in amazing condition.  But we found several ways to struggle all day.  I was driving the ball well all day, but just struggled to convert at the beginning and the end round.   

This course is broke up in to 3 nine hole courses.  Our final hole was the 9th on Stonehouse a long par 4 with water protecting the green.  You end up having a decision to hit or lay up at the end.  Greg hit a beautiful 2nd shot, a bit longer than I think he meant to hit.  Fortunately, the ball landed about 5 feet from the water.  It made for a beautiful 68 yard chip onto the green.  It also made for a great picture!

Me, I hit beautiful a 160 yard 5 iron...... I needed 162 yards to clear the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment