Saturday, June 22, 2013

Bagger Vance Would be Proud

Today was another big Soccer Saturday. 

A little about Toni and her soccer ability, and again this is coming from a 22 year youth and teen sports coach, not as a parent.  Toni really has a talent for the game she plays, and like I used to say when I played Goalie on the ice, she doesn't play soccer, she plays Keeper.  There just happens to be a soccer game going on in front of her.

From the time she was converted from a field player to the goal she has always played extremely well and a times, dominated.  I would like to say that I have or had something to do with it, but the genes came from Jamie and George, the only thing I taught her was to punt, from my football knowledge, she really booms the ball.  Her keeper coach Victor Nogueira really is the key to most of her success, they have that great coach player relationship.

Now, the coaches of the various teams she is involved with have her working on ball movement and involving her in the game more.  They are working on, amongst others, her driving the ball down the field after a pass back.  The advice I gave her was similar to Bagger Vance's line..... I tell her, "just bash the living crap out of it".  Today she put a couple of balls over the 50 yard line. 

Bagger would be proud....

No comments:

Post a Comment