Friday, June 7, 2013

Well...Howdy Partner

This is an Ironic post, you see the event in Atlanta this week was a "partner" event.  Today minus a couple of meetings and a great lunch with a couple of "partners" was pretty much air travel. 

My local airport is Santa Ana/Orange County, but it is simply called John Wayne.  For the younger readers and those folks not from the United States, incidentally we are now up to 14 countries as we added Nigeria and Cambodia to the audience, so welcome.

Oh yeah "Partner" and the Irony.  So tonight I flew in to John Wayne airport, because it was late, US Air parked at whatever gate was available.  They parked in Terminal A and my bags were coming into Terminal B.  I walked from Bag Claim to bag claim on the ground level.  I noticed a huge United States Flag hanging from the ceiling in an atrium that was 3 stories tall.  Under the flag was a statue of the "Duke" John Wayne.  It figures, since the freakin airport is named after him.  Well again for those not aware the Duke's famous line was "well....howdy partner".  Get it? Partner event..Howdy Partner????

It is amazing how asleep I must be when I fly.  I have flown in and out of John Wayne over 400 times and I never noticed the statue until to day.  Well at least you guys have now too.

No comments:

Post a Comment