Saturday, June 15, 2013

I Hit It, But I Didn't Break It....Yet

90....a 90...really? 

Today was a crazy busy day.  It ended with a trip to Home Depot and an Emergency trip to Lowe's.  We think we might have figured out the tree issue.  Also did some much needed landscaping on the side of the house.  And of course the last minute trip to Lowe's because a sprinkler head was shooting straight up in the air. 

But today was about golf at Green River.  It was about the new look, soft white balls and the Storm Trooper putter.  And yes, the putter was on, no more 43 putts.  Today was 35 putts!!!!  They felt good and Brian said they looked good.  Yup I was on my way, I was going to break 90.  The driver was working, although it wasn't the 88% as shown below, it was more like 77%. 

Of course the dreaded 5th hole was the only hole where the drive really could have been in trouble.  I always hit into those trees, a couple of times even hitting out left me 20-30 yards further back then when I started ;-).  Today Brian had the idea on how to get out, unfortunately I still managed to end up with a 7 on that relatively easy Par 5.  Finished the front 9 at 45.

The back nine was going great even though the very difficult Par 3 10th saw a 175 yard drive on to the green with the dreaded 3 putt finish.  I was kicking butt until the freakin 16th hole.  If I could par out 16-17&18 I would shoot an 87.

The 16th a down hill 168 yard par 3 with water on the left and 2 bleeping horribly filled sand traps with high lips protecting the green, and yes the flag was nestled 5 yards behind the sand on the left.  I hit a beautiful 3 wood that was 2 feet shorter than I needed to clear the sand.  "Plunk" right into the "sand trap".  Then yes, a disastrous 3 shots to get out of the freakin sand.  Then a long 2 putts for a 6...a 6, are you kidding?(I think I said something different on the course....right before I threw my ball in the g-d pond!! In hindsight I should have thrown their rake in....not like you can rake cement!!!

Well with a strong 17 and 18 the two 500 yard par 5s, parring both. I finished with my best round ever 90!  I will take it....today.

No comments:

Post a Comment