Sunday, April 21, 2013

Just Bread, Tomato and Olive Oil

So we made it!  Fortunately we had a tail wind the whole way from Philly to Barcelona.  The great news was the 9 hour flight only took 8 hours, the bad news, we didn't sleep a wink.   The better news is no meltdowns on the plane either!!!!

I of course had the girl behind me that could not connect in her mind that the seat headrest that she was pulling on to sit down and shift was actually attached to me and that "thump" sound was the headrest snapping back and hitting my head!!

Anyway,  we got to Spain very early and very exhausted, too early for our rooms to be ready.  So we rambled down Las Ramblas for a couple of hour with Ed and Ann.  Then got into our rooms around noon and napped for 4 hours....only made us more tired which is why the blog is getting cut short.

The room is fantastic!  We have a suite that is cut off by all these sliding door for privacy or in the case of this evening to present a surprise.  We had a quick dinner in the hotel, amazing wait staff. 

I am probably going to stretch the rules of the blog this week and post multiple pictures.  Tonight there are three.  The third one was the view from where we were sitting at dinner, with a very cool marble fixture, to announce the hotel.  The second is the view from our balcony.  The first, and the official blog post is one of the happinesses you find in Barcelona.  I know it is just bread smeared with fresh sweet tomatoes and Olive Oil, but it is amazing. Plus for some reason I have tried to make it and it just not as good.

We have a cooking class on Tuesday night, I am going to ask the chef how to make the bread...I just hope I don't get thrown out of the class for asking a dumb Question.




No comments:

Post a Comment