Monday, April 8, 2013

Sand and Rain Storms

Against my preference I had to head to Arizona.  I just had a very nice week at home, would have loved to stay there, but no such luck.  But only two more nights and I am pretty much done leaving my beautiful fiance' until I whisk her off to Barcelona. 

The weather all morning at home was crazy, Baxter found out the hard way that it was really cold outside.  The girls then took him for a walk before school...it rained on them.  Then someone turned on the fans!!  I found out the hard way that wind that comes from the Pacific Ocean makes for the "reach for the air sick bag" in Phoenix.

Even between the bouncing it was amazing to see from the plane's window, a huge yellow cloud of sand engulfing the Valley of the Sun.  Sand blowing so hard that at times it hurt your face just walking into the rental car center.  All afternoon the skies in AZ were thick and orange, it looked like Southern California during fire season. 

I am staying at the beautiful Doubletree Resort in Scottsdale, all the rooms all have outdoor entries, and yes every time I left my room, it started to down pour.

I realized as I was heading to my car for dinner that I hadn't taken my Photoblog picture yet(yes had to go back to the room for my camera).  Shoot, I could have taken the sand or the rain.  Then I laughed to myself as I walked to my car, Sand...Rain...Gee I wonder what happens when you mix a down pour with a sand storm...I got the answer when I saw my rental car....MUD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment