Saturday, May 4, 2013

300 Yard Drive

Today we returned to the Links.  Brian, Greg and I played a new course, Glen Ivy in Corona.  We got an early start and more importantly jumped out before a very large group so we had a nice leisurely round.  With the extra time on each hole I got to take a couple of great pictures of the landscape and the wild life. But that cannot be my post today. 

I played pretty well with the exception of a meltdown Par 3 early where I posted a 7.  Not comment.  The thing that actually pisses me off as I ended up shooting a 92.  I would have broken 90 for the first time if I didn't have that meltdown or I could sink a putt on 17 and 18.

Speaking of 18, that is my photoblog topic tonight.  This is an awesome hole.  First of all the tee box is about 400-500 feet about the rest of the hole.(see second picture)  The hole is was 424 yards,  I hit a very strong drive then gravity took over and the ball just rolled  and I was 124 away, a 300 yard drive!!! Now wait a second, I had an 86 before the tee.  All I needed to do was put it on the green and 1 putt and I break 90! 

Yeah second shot went in the water.  I know head down! Admire you work not your result...Moron.

Picture 1: Looking down on 18.
Picture 2: Looking back up to the tee box, from 300 yards away.
Picture 3: Greg Livingston's composition on 4 looking back at 3.


1 comment:

  1. I just need to either get a new pair of glasses that can see the breaks on a green or loosen the collars on my shirt that are causing the choking sensation!!

    ReplyDelete