Friday, May 10, 2013

"But sir if I kill all the golfers they will put me away and throw away the key"

So this morning as predicted I took a couple hours vacation....I should have stayed in bed.  Beside not feeling well and getting progressive worse...more on that tomorrow I am sure.  Brian and I headed out at 5am to Golf at California Oaks in Temecula.  We got a great rate $25!!! or was it.  This is an older course in a 55+ development.  The course has a tremendous amount of potential, except to play it now is extremely frustrating.

I jumped out to a great start, front nine 39.  Then the dayquil started to wear off and apparently the grounds keepers for get about the back nine.  Forget the fact that the course is e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y narrow.  If you are off the fairway by less than a foot you are in very dense clover patches that grab your club head.  This is if you are lucky enough to keep your ball out of one of a thousand gopher or squirrel holes.... where is Bill Murray when you need him.

I did manage to shoot an 87 but we are not officially recording this as my first round under 90, the course is only Par 70.

I did decide to take a photo of one of the hole dwellers....

No comments:

Post a Comment