Thursday, May 30, 2013

10 Minutes in my Neighbor's Yard

Ok so finally I was home in the morning and the sun was out.  In the morning for me was about 6 hours after my day started.  The dog was up and so was I.  At 3:45 with a couple days left to get everything done, there was no way I was falling back to sleep.  Tomorrow already has an alarm set for 4:30am so tonight for this blog, I will be short and fast.

....That's what she said.....

At about 9:30 after my 35th email sent and my 10th phone call taken/made.  I grabbed the 5d, I always forget how much I love that camera until I shoot it, and the 100mm Macro lens.

My neighbors to the right have the best flowers. This time is was their Gladiolus, that I finally noticed.  Last time it was of course their Birds of Paradise.(see http://greggvscamera.blogspot.com/2013/02/birds-back-in-paradise.html)

However, since I finally noticed them on Saturday I have not had the right light to shoot them.  The specific flower as I have come to learn was the Priscilla Gladiolus.  They are beautiful.  Jamie said they were there last year as well, but I didn't notice them....either stick in a "guys don't pay attention" joke here or maybe this taking a picture thing might be working and I am noticing more of life's beauty.

So of course I was laying on their grass when my neighbors pulled up and ruined my surprise!!! It's ok, I will still give them the pretty poster print ;-) .  Anyway, I got my shot, I was done for the day...see the second photo.

I was about to head back in when a long came a bumble bee and yes we had our new photo for the day.   The first one, the official one, The Pollination.

Of course as we talked about tennis and Mark's 144 mile an hour serve when he was younger, and his subsequent back injuries now, another dragon(lizard) appeared, so of course I have to add him to the blog. I only wish I could show you the push ups he was doing.   He hung in there for me while I made three different camera position changes.

This posting has me now back on the ground 5 feet from him.  If I have to name this dragon, like the ones before, he would have to be "pumping dragon".

Enjoy all three.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment