Friday, May 31, 2013

Pride, Organization or OCD

Another very long day today.  Wide awake at 4am.  I had to head out early to get to Riverside, and of course I was low on gas.  About halfway there I needed coffee and gas, luckily for me there was a Circle K. 

After gassing up I went inside to grab a coffee.  Immediately, I had the sense that something was odd.  Then I realize this is the cleanest store I have ever been in.  It was bright and at first glace very orderly.  I said good morning to the lady behind the counter.  She was polite and cheery enough.  Then I realized this place wasn't just orderly... but in fact very scarily organized.  Nothing, I mean nothing was out of order. 

Then I looked at the creamers and coffee stirrers, perfection, everything was in a pattern, all the creamers facing each other.  The donuts next to that were also placed in a pattern.  I turned around to the clerk and said "wow this please is really organized".

She said  'yeah my coworker "Noway" is OCD'.  That was an understatement.  For my own sake, I tweaked the Equals, just so I could be less freaked out.

Then I mentioned to the clerk the Splenda was low.  She told me "Noway was in a panic about it, they short stocked him...he will probably have a breakdown tonight.... I will have to work a double tomorrow."

At least she won't have to reorganize anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment