Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sprout

When Jamie and I bought the house the best way we could explain the previous owners' landscaping scheme was "chaos".  I think I have explained and even shown a couple of shot from/of our backyard before.  It is the typical small California backyard.  Well from time to time I suffer from a bit of OCD, the chaos got to me one weekend last June and Jame and I ripped out every bush and shrub in the back yard except for the huge Banana tree that I showed you guys on the blog on March 6th.

We replaced everything with very small Pygmy Date Palms and Sago Palms, very structured very OCD organized, again this was about a year ago.  Well, pictured below is the first unexpected sprout from one of the Date Palms.

The reason that was the picture of the day was the picture I planned for today never happened.  I planned to take a photo of the scorecard from my first golf round at 90 or below.  I went golfing with some customer/friends today.  Despite a tough front nine, I started to click on the back nine which feature two birdie par 3s.  All I needed to do was Par one of the last two par 5s and bogey the other and I break 90.....well a 7 and a 6 on 17 and 18 are no way to finish.  So I took a bad picture of a palm tree.

There was one funny moment today.  Jamie and I took Toni to see the Great Gatsby today.  While I wasn't up for the theme of the movie, it was pretty good.  But what made it funniest for me was every time someone kissed in the movie, Toni quietly covered her eyes, I think I even heard her mumble "gross", once.

Now for the first time in public....or on the Internet, I introduce "Sprout".

No comments:

Post a Comment