Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

First of all I need to say "Thank You" for all those that served in our country's armed forces, Especially my Dad(retired US ARMY) and my Brother Wayne(New Jersey Police Officer). Plus my buddies Greg and Don.

Today's picture needs a bit of explaining.  First thing, it is a photograph(actually 2), no typing.  The flag is my flag hanging on our house with a little photoshop work to pop the textures then to lower the opacity so the words stand out.

The words...yesterday I told you about the Chaos that was the backyard.  When we bought the house there was a lot of "decor" items that we hated that needed to be removed or replaced.  The spiritual references on the 2nd bathroom mirror didn't last a day.  The pen marks on the ceiling fan was our favorite.

But something that lasted, that will always be in this house, are words stenciled above the door in the downstairs bathroom.  They are the words on the photo below....once I removed the paint in photoshop.

God Bless American and all who Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment