Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bird's Eye View

With the Fish Eye lens still on the camera yesterday, I knew that it would be just a question of the bird or the dog.  So I tried both, at first not flashing them because I needed to be very close to get right effect and didn't need feathers flying.  I got a couple of "ok" shots with Baxter.  But trying to get him above my lens just proved to hard for me today.  It has been a long day, that started with Baxter needing to go out last night at 2:30, and me never really falling back to sleep. So Baxter doesn't get to be on the blog today.

Maya, who is pretty much locked in on her perch was the easy subject for today.  Plus she didn't wake me up at 2:30 in the morning.   The shot is pretty much out of the camera except for a Lightroom vignette and some color work because there wasn't much light to work with without flashing her.  The noise is because of the high ISO.

Then she leaned in perfectly for me giving me the one eye.

 
Camera Info: Canon EOS 7d
EF15mm f2.8 Fisheye
ISO 800
Exposure 1/125 sec at f/2.8(hence the blur on her body)
Photo from about 1 foot from her beak.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment