Friday, January 18, 2013

You Cancan have fun with the Speedlite

Thank God it is Friday.  Knowing that it is Friday and we don't have to get up so early tomorrow.  I figure I might be able to do a bit of experimenting, along with Toni's help.  I think she knows she is in a competition...to show up on the blog more times then the Dog.  The simple Idea tonight was to write her name in lights using the Canon Speedlite's modeling light capability.  If you are not sure what that is you can set the test button to continuous fire.  Well continuous in Canon's dictionary means about 4 seconds. 

We got the name down in one take...well one take and help from Photoshop to flip it horizontally.  I know that was a cheat moment, forgive my laziness.

Well once we got that down the kid wanted to know what else we could do with the speedlite.  After I explained I could have her show up more than one time on a single frame by opening the shutter and popping the strobe a couple times.  She came up with the idea to do the Cancan.

After about 5 takes, we said, "ok last one, if it doesn't work this time, we only post the speedlite writing Toni.  I am happy to say we are posting both, maybe a third.  Enjoy.

Camera info:
Canon EOS 5d
EF 24-105mm F/4.0 Lseries Lens
Focal length 28mm
Exposure 15.0 seconds at f/20
ISO 200
 
Yes this is a photo, bright light pitched black room.  15 second exposure...notice the backward Pittsburgh Steelers logo.
 
One shot, 6 flashes, notice my face in the bottom left corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment