Tuesday, January 8, 2013

On my GPS it says "Amazing Photo Spot"

About 2 years ago while dropping my Toni off at her Dad's in San Clemente I stumbled across this little park over looking the cliffs and the Pacific Ocean.  I saved in on my GPS as "Amazing Photo Spot".  When my dog and his brothers were puppies we did a photo shoot there.  As they always say never work with Dogs or Children, we ended up taking the picture on the steps leading down to the ocean because we couldn't get the dogs to pose.

I never removed that spot from the GPS as someday I know I would take a great Pacific Ocean shot there.  Today was that day.  I have to go to San Diego for a couple of days of reseller meetings, I was driving down about 3pm.  I drive right through Camp Pendelton Marine base and was hoping to get a cool shot of a Marine Helicopter.  I never had to make it that far before I got my great photo for the day.  As I was driving through San Clemente I noticed the sun was so hot an bright that it was lighting the Ocean.  I changed my GPS to "Amazing Photo Spot" and this was what I saw.(There are two shots, the first was the Lightroom enhanced, we named the effect after our friend Hien as he taught us how to do it.  The second is the untouched out of the camera image I captured with a little help with some throw flash.)

 Camera info: Canon 5d(yeah I needed full frame)
Canon16-35 Lseries wide angle lens at 29mm
ISO 100  1/200 at f/22 Manual flash at 1/2

1 comment:

  1. Gregg, I love this photo. I makes me wish I weren't surrounded by 12 feet of snow! Keep it up, I'm loving the blog!

    ReplyDelete