Saturday, January 19, 2013

OH look it is the Goodrich Blimp!

Ok if you are old, you get the joke in the title.  If not, don't worry, it is not important.

According to my vast research; one google search where I didn't even look past the first page of results, I learned there are probably less than 20 blimps in the US.  A couple of years back according to Yahoo there were only 13, so I figure they didn't build that many more since, so I am calling it less than 20.

Let's just say for sake of argument, there aren't a lot of Blimps. 

Yeah sure you get  to see Blimps flying above stadiums, but how many people get to see them in their natural habitat, their nests.  Kind of like how we are have all seen Eagles or Hawks or Falcons flying(well I guess after tomorrow we probably won't be seeing Falcons for a while) but few of us get to see them in their nests.  This is sort of the same thing....come on people I am trying here!

In Southern California near LAX there is a blimp nest, you see it when you are stuck on the 405 in traffic.  On my way to Toni's soccer tournament today, I shoot the Goodyear blimp in it nest.

I thought it would make a unique picture for today.  Unique in that, how many people have actually shot one and blogged about it?  Sorry all I had was the G11 so I was limited in zoom and clarity.



No comments:

Post a Comment