Monday, January 7, 2013

In your face...almost

I guess I am starting get into this a bit.  I am starting to get the itch to shoot sports again.  The girls came back from a soccer tournament this weekend.  Jamie found this cool soccer ball retrieving contraption.  It has an elastic band on it where the player kicks the ball it flies out about 25 feet and snaps back to the player.  Toni had these before, but kicks the ball right through them or snaps the band.  This one seemed much stronger....hopefully.  It gave me a safe idea, hoping she might not snap this band and bonk me right in the head.

It wasn't the easiest shot to get perfect as it was getting dark and I was still trying to use a lower ISO to reduce noise and I didn't want to flash the shot.  After 15 kicks where either I missed the focal point or Toni missed the mark.... we got one.    


 
The camera information: As per usual the Canon EOS 7D with the 70-200mm f2.8L series lens.  Focal length at 73mm 1/1600 sec at f2.8 ISO 1600.

No comments:

Post a Comment