Monday, January 14, 2013

Hand Ball - Introducing Baxter

I think by now you might realize that soccer is pretty big in this house.  Trust me that is pretty hard for me to admit, as I coached football for 11 years and coached and played hockey for another 11.  Plus as the other parents on Toni's team will admit, I clearly don't know the game.  However, the one call I know is "hand ball". This is a complete violation of the rule.

But it makes for a great submission to my blog.  I can't believe it has taken me 14 days to say this, but "allow me to introduce Baxter".  He is our 13 month old American  Pitbull Terrier.   The dog actually enjoys having his picture taken, but on his terms. 

I didn't really have an idea for a photo today.  I was relaxing after a busy day in the office, the girls were at soccer practice.  I have been avoiding team practices, as a team sports coach for 22 years, these practices have been tough to sit through and I try not to be "that parent".

The whole evening the boy has been in my face for a bit of love, then he found an old soccer ball and taunted me with it.  Bingo there was my shot!  I would have him sit with the ball dangling from his mouth, he would look tough but pitiful.  But as you know as a photographer, "Avoid working with pets"!

But as you also know from working with pets, sometimes the dog's idea is better than yours. 

Hence "Hand Ball".

 
The Camera Info:
Canon EOS 5d
24 - 105 L series lens (focal length 73mm)
ISO 200
1/160 sec at f 9.0
Flash set at 1/2
 


No comments:

Post a Comment