Saturday, January 26, 2013

Lights are on

The crappy weather continued today in Southern California.  It mean inside chores days.  I love my house, but like I said before there are a couple of those "what was the builder thinking" or "what were the (previous owners) thinking" items in the house.  One of them, and I am so pissed that I didn't take the before picture this morning, were these hideous hall lights that use those new bulbs that save energy but suck when it comes to lighting anything.  Not only do they not light the second floor landing where they are located, the hallway stairs heading down are completely dark.  It's a joke.

Today my project was light the landing and the stairs.  Find something that will look cool and/or modern and light the landing as well as the stairway.  Side note, the previous owner also used the stairway as a family photo gallery, I HAVE ALL THE SCREWS IN THE WALL AS PROOF.  I always thought it was odd, a photo gallery in a dark hallway.  They actually were a good looking family so a little lighting wouldn't have hurt.

Anyway taking a picture outside would have been a waste today as everything was packed in with a fog.  So my picture today is of my new lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment