Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day One- Tried to shot a birdie, got a Coyote


On New Year’s Day like any Southern California resident should do I decided to commune with nature. So I went golfing with my buddies. Knowing that this was the first day of my photo blog, I charged up my Camera battery and put it in my golf bag. We have been getting a lot of rain lately and the snow levels were down in the 2000-3000 foot level and I knew on the course we were playing that I could get the shot I wanted. An awesome golf green with a snow covered mountain in the background.

However, as we were walking up to the green on the 16th to putt for birdie on the (Par 3 160yard) a freakin Coyote walked out of the marsh through the sand trap and across the green. My friend Brian was still up at the cart(for the record he too was with 11 feet of a birdie...yeah the only good shots we had all day), I scream whispered, you know that moment, to grab my camera. The Coyote slowly moseyed his way up the hill, Brian got out his Iphone(no comment) and we both got him about half way up the hill.

Just to rub it in on the east coasters, I also posted the green and the mountain shot on this 63 degree day in January. 

Not bad for the first day of the photo blog.    


 
For those tracking the camera was Canon G11 1/1600 at f/4.5 ISO 200…
the photo is cropped and a tiny bit of saturation in lightroom.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment